Our CCS Spring Production, SHREK the musical, will be held March 14-17, 2019. We are excited to involve as many students as possible. I would like to give you some important information about the commitment before auditions and sign-ups so that you and your student may make a prayerful and informed decision about their involvement.
Most ensemble rehearsals will be at school during our performing arts classes, or during lunch, however primary roles will likely require outside-of-school rehearsals. These dates will be determined and sent out as soon as parts are cast.
Auditions for Principal and Supporting roles will be held on Monday, December 3rd after school. The digital sign up link for each role is provided below. Call-backs will be held Tuesday, Dec. 4th after school if needed. **Ensemble roles do not require an audition, but DO require a signed contract.
- Auditions will be conducted by a panel of 9-11 judges from various grades/departments throughout the school as well as outside CCS.
- Audition times will vary - Ensemble/Fairytale creature auditions will be first. If you are auditioning for a principal role, please plan to stay for the entirety of the audition time.
- Material for auditions will be available outside room 103 (sheet music, links to songs and recordings for listening, and script excerpts) beginning November 5. Each student is expected to prepare for the audition on their own - there will be no group rehearsals before auditions.
- Auditions will be conducted and overseen by Casting Director, Payden Hinkle. Please direct any questions to [email protected] or [email protected].
**AUDITION TIMES WILL BE POSTED ONE WEEK BEFORE AUDITIONS**
- Fairytale Creatures: https://goo.gl/forms/hc4KpFE0CO3nw39t2
- Dragon: https://goo.gl/forms/Yg0kIn8NIZ7XIJ1a2
- Pinocchio: https://goo.gl/forms/G4pWhnCsViZfapg32
- Lord Farquaad: https://goo.gl/forms/6yDY0OfWso3NrPYl1
- Fiona: https://goo.gl/forms/DJWpNaE9loSao3eX2
- Donkey: https://goo.gl/forms/ll175atAYAF4Q0cO2
- Shrek: https://goo.gl/forms/WAKlUeZTT54dKEos2
There is a play fee of $50.00 that will be charged to your FACTS account upon your submission of this form with your consent. This is required of every student involved during “Play Week” – cast and crew alike – and helps to offset the cost of T- shirts and meals during the run of the show.
If you are able to help in any way (sewing, building, advertising, etc.) please let me know…we are working on costume and set items even now. We would love to have your help!
Most importantly, please pray for this process and all involved! It’s wonderful and fun and difficult all at the same time - from the auditions to costumes/sets/rehearsals to the actual production. Pray that the students would be encouraging and supportive of one another and the staff involved, particularly during auditions and immediately after. There will be both excitement and disappointment and we want to honor God with our attitudes throughout!
I’m excited to begin our fairytale adventure into the swamp! If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected].