Calvary Christian School's Admission Policy is as follows:
- Pre-K 3 applicants must be 3 years old by October 1st of the year for which they are applying.
- Pre-K 4 applicants must be 4 years old by October 1st of the year for which they are applying.
- Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by October 1st of the year for which they are applying.
Note: Pre-K and Kindergarten applicants must be able to care for their restroom needs independently.
1. VISIT OUR CAMPUS (OPTIONAL):
We invite you to walk the halls of our school and see what experiences are available. To schedule a tour, please click here. We also offer "Shadow a Student" days for grades 1-12, this allows your child to shadow a buddy, interact with students and receive the CCS experience. To schedule your Shadow Day, please e-mail Rachel.Cornell@ccsky.org.
2. APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION AND APPLICATION FEE:
Complete the application process and pay the application fee.
- ENROLLMENT APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- PRESCHOOL APPLICATION FORM (K3-K4)
- APPLICATION FORM (K5-12)
- APPLICATION FEE- a fee of $350 (K5-12) or $150 (K3-K4) is to be submitted with the application form
- PASTOR'S REFERRAL FORM (grades K5-12) - submit this form to a full-time minister at your church. The form should be mailed or faxed (859-356-8962) back to the school by your minister.
- YOUTH LEADER REFERRAL FORM (grades 7-12) - submit this form to the youth leader at your church. The form must be mailed or faxed (859-356-8962) back to CCS by the youth leader.
- STUDENT QUESTIONNAIRE (grade K5) - to be completed by the student.
- STUDENT QUESTIONNAIRE (grades 5-8) - to be completed by the student.
- STUDENT QUESTIONNAIRE (grades 9-12) - to be completed by the student
- TWO RECOMMENDATION FORMS (grades 1-12)
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE - a copy of the applicant's birth certificate must accompany the application at the time of submission.
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD - a copy of the applicant's social security card must accompany the application at the time of submission.
- REPORT CARD - a copy of the applicant's most recent report card must accompany the application at the time of submission.
- STANDARDIZED ACHIEVEMENT TESTING - a copy of the applicant's standardized achievement test results must accompany the application at the time of submission.
- SCHOOL RECORDS REQUEST FORM - copies of previous school(s) records including all educational and diagnostic testing, transcripts (for Eighth through Twelfth grades), report cards and standardized test scores (last two years) will be requested after the completion of the current school year. (grades 1-12)
- PARENT/STUDENT HANDBOOK - Parents are expected to review the Student Handbook, prior to signing the Parent/Student Agreement Form. This will allow parents and students an opportunity to understand and become familiar with established school policies and procedures.
- PARENT/STUDENT AGREEMENT FORM (Kindergarten - 12th) /PARENT/STUDENT AGREEMENT FORM (Preschool)- form must be signed by a parent (all grades) and students (grades 7-12)
- KENTUCKY STATE IMMUNIZATION RECORD (All Grades) - all immunizations are to be on the Kentucky State Immunization Form, signed and dated by your doctor.
- MEDICAL EXAM FORM (All Grades)
- EYE EXAM FORM (All Grades)
- DENTAL EXAM FORM (All Grades)
If all medical forms are not available at the time of submitting your application, please provide the date of your doctor appointments.
All kindergarten students are required to take a kindergarten readiness test that will be scheduled by the Elementary Principal. Students applying for 1st through 12th grade admission must provide current SAT (Stanford Achievement), CAT (California Achievement) or TerraNova test scores that are less than one year old. Any other testing cannot be accepted for admission purposes.
4. FAMILY INTERVIEW:
After the completion of submitting the application packet, an interview will be scheduled with the appropriate principal (Elementary, or M/H school). If you have multiple children applying, the interview will be scheduled with the oldest applicant's principal. Middle and High school students must be present for the interview. Elementary students are requested to attend but are not required. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible during the spring and summer months.
Official acceptance is communicated to all families in writing.